Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

We have a date!

Well, I would be lying if I didn't confess that the last 4 months didn't seem long to me. Referral day was amazing. A dream come true really. To get the call and finally open the e-mail that holds a photo and information about the sweet baby that has been matched to our family was a mind blowing experience. At 8:20 in the morning on September 2nd the phone rang. I checked the caller ID which gave a massive clue that today would be "the day". "Are you ready for the most happiest news?" OF COURSE WE WERE! We had only waited 28 months, 5 days since our papers landed on Ethiopian soil for our referral. It was so worth it. She was 3 1/2 months old, 11 lbs, and stunningly beautiful.  We knew right away that we were going to accept the referral. I'm so thankful to God for that. I had prayed many times in the months leading up to our referral that we would "just know".  I prayed that I would see her as God sees her. Now, I know that this is not entirely possible because God loves her more than humanly possible but I do believe that God allowed me taste a fraction of His love for her for which I am thankful.
So...that was September 2nd. It is now January 1, 2011, 12:01 am. Six weeks from now we will be on a plane headed for Addis Ababa. We have a court date scheduled for February 16th. At that point Gary and I stand before the judge and answer a series of questions. Yes, this will be nerve racking to say the least. Providing everyone is there that needs to be there, with paperwork in order and we pass court the first time, we will take our little sweetie into our care after the hearing. This will be the first time we will be permitted to meet her, our daughter, face to face. We will live in Ethiopia until her Visa is issued so we can travel back to Canada. This could take months... really we are hoping no more than three or four. We invite you to journey with us. We will do our best to keep everyone up to speed and in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment