Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I CAN'T SLEEP!

I am suffering from excitement overload. It's affecting my sleep. I can't settle at night. I'm starting to think this is when blog entries will be made. Don't get me wrong...I love it! We are going to Ethiopia to meet our daughter and I cannot wait! There is a ton to do but I don't care. I actually find it fun. Making lists and organizing our gear gives me something productive to do. I've even starting packing some of the piles that have accumulated in our room. I'm very thankful for our friends that have gone/going through this process as well. They are a wealth of information and a reminder that adoptions are completed!
I look at Sitina's picture and try to imagine what it will be like to see her face to face. To hold her and cuddle. To know she is ours. What does her laugh sound like? Her cry? How heavy will she feel. How long will it take her to smile at us? To reach for us? To love us...
Wesley and Chloe understand. They remember when we told them we were going to adopt. For them this wait of over three years is HUGE. It is almost a lifestyle to them (for Caleb it is). Paperwork, home study updates, and waiting. Finally they see the the light at the end of the tunnel. As Wesley says in a comic book he personally made for me concerning the adoption, it was "epic" when we got the e-mail with a court date. It's really going to happen. We are not stopping here for good. We are moving on to the end of the track people. We are bringing this sweet baby HOME! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment