Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Trisha's Journal Entry

Day 1 in Addis Ababa/ Feb.12/2011 (Trisha's Journal Entry)

We woke for the day at 5:00am. Only went to bed at 12 am. Felt rested. I figured I had better start unpacking all of our bags and try to get this mess tidied up.
The rooms are great. Ours is large with many windows and two sittings chairs. There is also a double bed in another room with a door attached to a patio. The patio is great! A wonderful view...maybe of Ontoto Mountain??? The last bedroom has a single bed. I really am thinking that the guesthouse will be good for us. It has a very homy feeling.
Breakfast was great. The eggs are lovely. Wesley really liked the toast. There is a type of porridge that is very good as well. The coffee was delicious! Yumm.
I seen some mangoes at the market today. I will have to buy some soon. They look very good.
We are having issues with the internet here. Dial up... I went to an internet shop and paid $3.60 Birr (.23 US) for 18 minutes of high speed. It was great. :) I was able to send an e-mail to Robin to let everyone know that we are here and okay.
We ventured out for a couple walks near the guesthouse to see what is around here. We were very happy to find many shops and services in this area. One of which was a cafe with the best coffee both Gary and I have EVER tasted. Mocciato, $5.50 Birr (.33 US) each. So cheap. And fancy. For two bottles of pop and 2 machitos it cost us $19.50 Birr ($1.20 US). Crazy.
The people at the guesthouse(GH) are so sweet. The owner and her husband are both Christians. Gary has already been asked to preach!
The kids are great. They have already made friends with two children that live in the other Ethio GH behind ours. They play outside on the concrete slab. Soccer and basketball (without a hoop, only a clothes line).
The people who work here are so kind and helpful. We really need to learn some of the language ...
Caleb has a hard time with the smells of the city at night. It is quite strong. I look forward to not noticing it. He woke early this morning complaining (4am) of the strong smell. I then tried to explain that the altitude combined with so many people cooking on outdoor coal stoves gets pretty smokey. I do hope we get used to this pretty soon.
Court date is coming soon. 3 more days... I am fighting being too scared about the ordeal... I need to trust the Lord...

5 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you and have you paint the picture of what life is like for you at your end. Wonderful that the kids are making friends:-) Melody is already missing Chloe! Looking forward to hearing much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best coffee ever! Sounds great! Can we come over for some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trisha... Wow. I don't even know what to say. This sounds amazing and crazy and and and.... I'm speachless. I hope you are taking lots of video and pictures!!! I miss you guys... and I miss our telephone chats. We are praying for you... and for your court on Wednesday. Only a few more days (God Willing) and you will have your baby girl in your arms! PS. Have a coffee for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey guys! how are you doing? sounds like fun, i hope you learn the language soon, and that you get used to the time and smells! say hi to Chloe,Wesley and caleb for me! just to let you know I sent some emails for Chloe. She can have her old account back!! yes the one that expired, they gave them back!Megoo has a kitchen and I'm working on another room, I hope you guys are having fun! happy valentines day! we are praying for sitina! hope you get her the first day at court!
    from:Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! I just tried to post a comment so if you get a duplicate, I'm sorry.
    I really would love to be there to enjoy the coffee with you Trisha! No news over here yet :(
    I'm sure you will learn the language quickly, especially the kids but I do hope you all get used to the smell, poor Caleb. Tell him Madi is praying for him.
    I can't wait to see the video where you meet Sitina for the first time!! I'm soo excited!

    Talk soon, Love ya.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete