Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 23, 2011 (Trisha’s Journal Entry)

Sitota is sleeping. I still struggle with the name change. I know it will get better. It just seems weird to call her something other than Sitina. God is good. I am thankful for his leading. How personal He is. I really appreciate the meaning of the name. 
Pause...time to pray. I need to seek the Lord. My heart is heavy.
~ As I pour my heart out to God I am reminded of the prayer I have often prayed, “Lord, help me to see her as you see her. Help me to love her as you love her”. Suddenly I realize that God loves her more than I do. He has entrusted her to our family. She is truly a gift from God. How fitting. Sitota means “gift”. The Lord has guided us to a name that will forever remind us that she is a gift from Him. Not something we made happen but something He has orchestrated. Praise the Lord!
“Our God, from your sacred home you take care of orphans and protect widows. You find families for those who are lonely.” Psalm 68:5-6a
About 1 hour after writing the above portion of this entry Wesley shares something with me that was in his English segment for home schooling. It reads:
When we say “A rose by any other name will smell as sweet”, we are saying that something will still be the same even if we give them a different name.
WOW!!!
God leads and confirms His will for our lives through prayer, reading Hid word, circumstances and council from others. The story that Wesley shared is certainly an example of confirmation through circumstances! Confirmation for both him and us!

No comments:

Post a Comment