Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No, I’m not dreaming (March 14th)

Last night was one of those nights that you only seem to read about or dream about. Gary and I got the kids tucked in bed and decided to watch a movie that someone had had rented here at the GH.  Caleb had been complaining of a belly ache so we got him suited up with a ziplock bag just in case he had to puke. BTW, zip locks are now an item we don’t leave home without while in Ethiopia. You can store almost anything in them and they make excellent barf bags. Just zip and chuck! 
Gary and I spend almost every waking hour together but we don’t seem to get quality time for the two of us. Now I know that watching a movie isn’t really great quality time but it was a treat for us none the less. 
While watching, Wesley came down the stairs and declared that he had puked all over Caleb (they share a bed). “Wesley, you mean Caleb puked on you?”. “No, mom, I puked all over Caleb”. Great... I get up to go upstairs and assess the situation and snap, just like that, the power goes out. One thing you should know about living in Addis, the power goes out quite regularly and randomly. So I make my way to the third floor and stumble to find the flash light (thankfully it was in it’s place). Just as he said, Caleb was COVERED in puke. With flashlight in mouth, Gary took Caleb’s hands and I took his feet and we transported him, still sleeping, to the washroom the clean him up before he awoke and realized what the heck was going on. 
Needless to say, washing laundry by hand on a good day is tuff, but washing puke covered blankets by hand in the tub is no easy task especially by flashlight. 
After the whole ordeal the lights came back on and we went back to watching our movie... we actually got quite a laugh about the whole ordeal and for the record both Wesley and Caleb are doing well today. Thanks to God.

3 comments:

  1. Wow....I think I would have added to that pile of puke if I had been you :) I don't have a tough stomach for that....glad you could still laugh about it later and that they're feeling better. Poor Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Trisha!!! I'm sorry, I laughed... LOL. You're a tough cookie, you are... glad you both got a laugh out of it too. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story to tell them years from now!

    ReplyDelete